Commercial Complete - Contents http://www.commercialcomplete.com
Right Side Panel File Explorer
The functionality described in this section requires CC Plus 2
Commercial Complete Overview
Inserting Images into a Document
The Right Side Panel File Explorer can be optionally displayed on the Right Side Panel by clicking the Camera Image (Toggle Image Strip) button that is displayed at the bottom of the Right Side Panel. When this button is on (green background), the Image Strip or File Explorer will be displayed in the Right Side Panel.
Depending upon your most recent view, either the Image Strip or the File Explorer is displayed. The display can be switched between Image Strip and File Explorer by clicking on the respective tab.
If you are located on the Narrative Builder tab, the Right Side Panel will not be visible if the Editor is maximized. To display the Right Side Panel, click the green square Toggle button at the upper right corner of the Editor to set the editor width to Small Editor View.
- The File Explorer has full Windows Explorer functionality. All files are displayed and they can be manipulated just as you would if you opened a Windows Explorer Window. You can drag and drop from the CC File Explorer to another Windows Explorer Window and vise versa, copy files, rename files, etc. You can double-click on a file to open it with its default program.
- In addition to dragging images into a CC document, you can drag another CC document into a CC Editor. Text files and RTF files also can be dragged and dropped.
- One of many uses of being able to drag a CC document into the editor is that it makes it possible to drag Boilerplate text from the File Explorer directly into an open CC document. Just browse to the Boilerplate folder (Select Folder button above File Explorer) and drag the appropriate boilerplate into the CC doc. This is just another way to eliminate a few clicks. It is also a useful way to bring in pages with fields that are unique to particular report types. For example, it is easy to create and save as Boilerplate a Summary of Conclusions page (including fields) that is unique to apartment buildings or other property types. Then this special page can be dragged when needed directly from the Boilerplate folder. Same goes for Area Descriptions, Neighborhood Descriptions, etc.
- A Document Template can also be dropped into the Editor. Browse to the Document Templates folder (Select Folder button above File Explorer) and drag the appropriate template file. Then you can click the green Update button above the Editor to bring in the information on the current Subject and Comps. This method is an alternative to clicking the green Assemble Documents button. Just another way to do it.
- The list goes on. A custom document can be built in the Editor that contains just the approaches that are needed. One can start by dropping the Summary Appraisal - NO APPROACHES and then drop the approaches that are needed from the Boilerplate folder.
- Picture frames and Photo Pages can be dropped from the Boilerplate sub-folders that contain these items.